There is nothing more that I like than to received a comment to some post I wrote years ago on how it helped someone out. Like this, I’ve come to know that small chunks of code I’ve freely made available are used in production at a variety of sites. It is my hope that the tutorials, examples, and code I write here is of help to others. Even though I like writing tutorials and code to help out my fellow developers, I’ve never answered or posted a question on StackOverflow. My technical blog is really a labor of love and I post around my busy schedule, I’ve never tried to do more than just write about the technology that I use. But even though I don’t use StackOverflow I recently found out from looking at my analytics that I receive a nice amount of visitors from the question and answer site.
It always surprises me which posts are the most visited. It’s always the one that you least expect. Either way, I’m always grateful that others have found them useful enough to share on sites like StackOverflow.
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- Making good UI means making ugly choices.
- There was a time when having a computer made you a nerd. Today, people being “good on Facebook” does not make you a nerd.
- Love working with jQuery Mobile.
- Everyone has a vision, the difference is the scope, lens, and filter around the vision.
- Tomorrow is a fresh opportunity to be amazing and amazed.
- You ask stupid questions, you get stupid answers.
- I’m not on StackOverflow, so when people ask for my SO reputation I instead give them the the monthly referrals I get from SO.
- Sweet. Amazon just sent me a $5 credit because of a “technical issue on the Amazon.com website” that I am not even aware I encountered.
- Found my first handheld device… An HP iPaq RX3715 running Pocket PC 2003 Pro w/ Outlook 2002. It’s still in great condition!
- David Pogue wrote his review of the Kindle Fire, sounds like he wrote it from his iPad.
- OH: Don’t they have Cliff Notes for the DMV driving manual?
- OH: Your brain cells are sexy!
- OH: Sometimes when you put things in the closet it doesn’t mean you have a clean house.
- OH: don’t do it but it you gonna do it make sure you get paid for doing it.
- I’m turkeyed-out. I had all major food groups and at least four different meat groups.
- McDonalds should have a McTurkey with McStuffing.
- Thanksgiving is the time to eat food you don’t like, I mean why do you only have it only for Thanksgiving?
- The holidays forces families to come together because everyone else is with their families.
- I dislike food holidays. Especially when everything is so good.
- Instead of counting sheep, I’ll be counting turkeys tonight.
- Gobble gobble gone.