From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- Too often I’ve seen code that made me lose my lunch.
- Sometimes source code is like the sausage factory where you don’t want to look what goes into an application.
- One developer’s corner case is another user’s daily workflow.
- Application logs are like money, you can always use more… Unfortunately they are like pennies, the more you have the more difficult it is.
- Fix the problem, not the symptom. Some developers prefer to fix the symptom because they don’t know how to find the root cause itself.
- It is important to lead the way and then immediately get out of the way.
- If it doesn’t make sense to me it is because you are not explaining it correctly.
- Everyone has a right to their opinions but not everyone’s opinion is right.
- Great ideas don’t belong to any one person. Great ideas are not unique to anyone. Great ideas stand on their own.
- If you are safe in your comfort zone you’ll never be in the zone.
- Even when I think outside the box, I am still in the zone.
- There are no easy answers without hard choices.
- It’s one thing to make sense and a completely different thing to be clear.
- There are some things in life that are not meant for you to understand but to accept.
- Things Apple should buy: Evernote, app TLD, Square, and my blog.
- The Notes app on the iPhone badly needs an to support the undo and redo feature.
- The new Google+ is the new New Coke.
- If Google would have invented Polaroid, the film would be free but full of ads and a copy would be uploaded to the cloud.
- Some of Google’s UI often looks and feels like the uncanny valley of design, it has a plastic aspect to it.
- My other Tumblr is a Moleskine.
- So much of the content I see in Pinterest seems to come from Tumblr…
- Instagram has no ads, only available on mobile, Android support just added, not profitable, no web presence… Obviously worth $1 billion.
- Instead of paying a billion in cash and stock why didn’t Facebook just pay a billion in Facebook Credits and likes.
- Silicon Valley back of the envelop valuation math: Tumblr + Camera+ > Instagram therefore Tumblr + Camera+ = $10,000,000,000++.
- I don’t understand @McDonalds economics… A whole McChicken sandwich costs $1 but ask for an extra BBQ sauce and you get charged $0.50.
- Is it possible for the whole of Silicon Valley to jump the shark? If and when it does there will be a large splash.
- Silicon Valley valuations are relative to previous largest valuation.
- The Internet is paved with high valuations.
- Frothyness is the new truthyness.
- Frothy does a body good.
- I want to see the world in HD.
- What do we want? Our way. When do we want it. All the time.
- If someone says something that is factually untrue, it doesn’t mean they lied… It means you lied to yourself by believing it. #truth
- One persons guest house is a other persons mansion.
- Some people build walls, others bridges, I build BS radar detection systems.
- Retweet, reblog, repin, remix, rinse, and repeat!
- I think in numbers.
- All language is a metaphor.
- Trolls shall inherit the earth.