Here is a short list of the tools, applications, and services I use most often.
- MacBook Pro 15″ 2014
- OS X Yosemite
- Parallels Desktop 10
- Ubuntu Desktop 14.04
- Inkscape 0.48
- Gimp 2.8
- MonoDevelop 4.0
- Windows 7
- Google Docs
- Amazon Web Services
- Brackets 1.4
- Atom 1.0
- TextWrangler 5.0
- Komodo Edit 9.2.1
- Eclipse Luna 4.4
- SourceTree 2.0
- GitHub Desktop
- SQL Developer 4.0
- MySQL Workbench 6.3
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- I can’t take an IDE seriously if it looks like iTunes.
- Beta at your own risk.
- Refactor and remix yourself.
- Moving on to plan b, section iii, revision 10, update 8, …
- Everything happens for a reason but not every reason is meant to be understood.
- The key to being cost effective is first being effective.
- To change your life, try to change your trajectory.
- Who is in your development dream team?
- Originality is dead. I know this because I copied it from someone else.
- Install Lion, Xcode 4.0 not supported, need to upgrade to Xcode 4.1, a 3GB install.
- Apple already working on next OS X release, tentatively known as Sea Lion.
- Google Plus going after Facebook is like an 800 pound gorilla going after a 800 pound rhinoceros.
- Google’s motto: Do no evil without cresting a algorithm to automate evil.
- G+: don’t be a square join a circle.
- The next release of Windows should come with one key feature: a 100GB DropBox like cloud spaces for free integrated into the OS, Office, etc
- I wish I could use Google to search my memories to find where I last placed my keys.
- What is the speed of time?
- Isn’t Captain America wearing the big Scarlet Letter on his forehead?
- Which is worse: different day, same shit or same day, different shit?
- Is it just me or is it hot in herre?
- Fruit by the Foot or Sugar by the Pound?
- Why does it feel like Friday when it should feel more like Wednesday?
- What is the weather report on cloud computing?
- Is Jack Dorsey the web 2.0 version of Steve Jobs?
- If you had 8 more hours a day what would you do with them?
- There is no God particle. Sub atomic particles are atheists.
- A live police chase is the human equivalent of a lolcat watching a light beam.
- When time flies it does so in first class.
- Frankie Says Chillax
- Bay Area Forecast: Fog-Drizzle My Nizzle Fo Shizzle.
- I’ma power up with a power nap.
- It is what it is and it do what it do.
- La Gaga has jumped the outer space shark.
In Da Future
- In the future, a picture will be 90% filters and photoshop and 10% reality.
- If the future could travel faster than the speed of time then it would travel back in time.
- In the future, the revolution will be fought with tweets.
- In the future, every other word in a sentence will be a registered trademark.
- In the future, the exercise of free speech will be deemed suspicious.
- In the future, a large portion of the president’s state of the union speech will be redacted.
- In the future, action figures will be illegal and replaced by diversity and cooperation figures.
- Happy 4th of July. Let keep America free!
- Long live freedom, death to red coats.
- It’s going to be one hot fourth of July.
- There is no freedom without choice.
- I’m so cool that the heat don’t get to me.
- Beans and cornbread.
- This heat is like kryptonite.