From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- To checkin or not to checkin a large changelist five minutes before you go home, that is the question?
- A test like a good movie, has three parts: the setup, the car chase, and the test of the results.
- Testing is like a tax, you have to pay 5-10% to have a good running infrastructure or system.
- Testing takes time, make sure you make the time, because it will save you time in the long run.
- All programmers have a black belt in hubris.
- One bytecode to rule them all.
- Your miles may vary, but it often depends on your attitude.
- Passion + Perseverance = Possibilities
- Sometimes you can’t afford to lose a client, but there are other times you can’t afford keep your client.
- Just like there should be no hard coded strings there should be no unwritten rules, or assumptions, or specifications.
- The dumbest people I’ve ever encountered are those that think that the rest of the 99.99% of people are a bunch of idiots.
- If you are unique no one can compete with you.
- Team meetings should not feel like an AA meeting, “Hi, I’m bob and I work here.”
- I’ve used the iPhone apps for Google Voice and G+ and I have to say, Google does not know how to make a good iOS app.
- I’m not liking the new Google Reader look. I would not be surprised if the next version of Google design has ribbons.
- Leave no smart phone behind. Google won’t upgrade the Nexus One to Android 4.0.
- Google is set to update its motto to “Do no evil if you ain’t getting paid for such evil.”
- Android is to Google what Internet Explorer was to Microsoft in the Browser Wars. MS gave IE for free just to take out Netscape.
- Siri is to Apple what Kinect is to XBox what Facebook Connect is to Facebook what Circles are to Google Plus…
- Every time I upgrade a MS product an angel loses his wings.
- Is Amazon also adopting social networking features? I just noticed that Amazon has a like button on its product pages.
- Facebook should update its mission “to trick people to over share and make the world more open, connected, and trackable.”
- Google should update its mission “to organize the world’s information about our users and make it accessible and useful to our advertisers.”
- @att has two options in terms of text messages. Pay as you use for $0.20 or unlimited for $20. What about a third option, disable texting altogether?
- Why does it cost half of the price of a stamp to send or receive a text? It’s endemic of an industry that has no competition or innovation.
- The Kindle Fire tablet is a modern day physical shopping cart for Amazon’s virtual online store.
- History is being made every day, yet @historychannel airs reruns of Ancient Alien.
- OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW. – Steve Jobs’ Last Words
- I’m so embarrassed. I wish everybody else was dead. – Bender Bending Rodriguez
- Goodbye monobrains – Bender Bending Rodriguez
- There is no recession for great companies… – Jason Calacanis
- Software is like sex: it’s better when it’s free. – Linus Torvalds
- Coming together is the beginning; keeping together is a process; working together is success. – Henry Ford
- When all men think alike, no one thinks very much. – Walter Lippmann
- On Monday mornings we are all zombies.
- Why am I listening to old school British punk rock? #GodSpankTheQueen
- The truth is that truth is absolutely relative.
- And then God said, “Let there be bacon,” and there was bacon. God saw that the bacon was delicious.
- You’re so vain, you probably think this tweet is about you.
- Fist pump for peace.
- Anybody that gets lost in a corn maze is an absolute moron.
- I hate Lifetime movies!
- Business is legitimate thievery.
- Some of the most common elements on earth idiotum and dumbtonium.
- meta-disrupt: Disrupt those disrupting disruption.
- I am, therefore I meme.
- Meaning > money
- problem = opportunity
- means != ends
- Success > Perfection
- Experience != Information
- Thinking > Knowing
- Do > try
- Platform > product
- Creation > criticism
- Passion + Perseverance = Possibilities
Million Dollar Ideas
- Million Dollar Idea: Online Speed Dating Site
- Million dollar idea: a news channel with nothing but news tickers…
- Million Dollar Idea: self cleaning floors.