From time to time I blast tweets on software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else I’m working through. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe and I’ll be sure to follow back.
- Programming is more about problem solving than coding, just like being an author is more about storytelling than writing.
- Next time your significant other starts nagging, throw an IllegalArgumentException!
- I want the web to evolve to a stage where flash is not required! It’s 2010 for God’s sake, why we still using plugins in browsers!?
- why do I have to tether gadgets and string along services just to catch a call?
- Patents? We don’t need no stinking patents.
- When life gives you users, make customers.
- For programmers everything is as easy as alpha, beta, and gold master.
- Good debugging techniques go a log way in and out of the debugger!
- Like the Free Masons, I am part of a secret society of digitari and conspiracy theorists and computer repairmen known as the Free Hackers.
- I am so WYSIWYG!
- If privacy settings are difficult to edit they are hard to implement, enact, and enable correctly.
- Privacy setting should be transparent not secretive and misleading.
- You always get further faster with less effort if you work with what you got.
- The next big thing usually sneaks up on those waiting in line to ride the current thing.
- Mo money mo ways to solve mo problems.
- Bad apples introduce bad seeds.
- Litigation stifles innovation.
- Technology is changing so fast that I have obsolete gadgets the unopened packages I bought them.
- I’m coming up so you better get this project started.
- As companies grow, they lose acceleration and focus, but depend on momentum and size.
- I have to call into our all hands meeting tomorrow. Since I have to call in, I’ll be all ears at the all hands meeting.
- A great idea in the mind of someone that can’t or won’t do anything about it is like an orphan.
- When companies can’t create engaging products and new markets they create bogus patents.
- Twitter needs a reliable picture service, as reliable as Twitter, but Twitpic just needs to go away.
- The #newtwitter is like the the #oldtwitter plus HTML crack.
- I wish Twitter was like survivor and we can kick some twits of the service.
- This is how much AT&T sucks, I’m tethering my T-Mobile Nexus One with my AT&T iPhone to tweet this!
- Apple press events are as large as sporting events! Apple should televise them in Pay-Per-View.
- Steve Jobs is a mad genius, you gotta buy his hardware so that you can buy his software and along the way pay for a horrible service plan.
- The new iPod mini is one gadget closer to the Dick Tracy wrist watch phone.
- Apple cares more about design than market share, and that’s why users pay a premium.
- Steve Jobs would make a great James Bond villain.
- And the Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to… Autotune!
- AT&T should rebrand itself as FU&U!
- In addition to Document, Presentation, Spreadsheet, and Form document types, @google Docs should add a Gantt Chart!
- We can suggest what you should do next, what you care about. Imagine: We know where you are, we know what you like. – Eric Schmidt
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. – Steve Jobs
- Get into jiggle mode. – Steve Jobs
- So they told me that using the download page to download something was not something they anticipated. – Bill Gates
- School experience is not in tune with the current job opportunities. College should be more like a series of Y Combinator funding cycles.
- If there is a angel investment bubble, everybody should cash in before they can cash out.
- When you see startup accelerators with names like 500 ACME Startup Founders Camp you can be sure that there is an angel investment bubble.
- Zuckerborg has dropped out of college and he is pledging $100,000,000 for kids to stay in school.