Retweet March 2012
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- Say no to consultant code. No to complacent code. No to sloppy and crappy code. No to cut and past code.
- Developing a machine learning algorithm so we don’t have to learn anymore.
- Hacking, art or science!?
- Great hacking weather… Well most weather is great hacking weather as long as your computer don’t overheat.
- What would an autonomous algorithm do?
- Sex, drugs, and hacking.
- You don’t go on Hacker News to show off your project, act arrogant that it’s a closed network, and not expect someone to hack a clone.
- Nothing worse than setting a test to run overnight only to have a Windows update restart your computer in the middle of the test/night.
- Refactor with conviction.
- Building on assumptions is like building on quicksand.
- When in doubt, step through it in a debugger.
- Every problem is an opportunity in the rough.
- Mo’ money, mo’ problems. Mo’ problems, mo’ opportunity.
- Ask the right questions is better than making the wrong assumptions.
- Everything is mental, even when it’s physical.
- Being successful means you are only a mistake away from not.
- Don’t use the fact you don’t know a fact as a reason for not knowing it.
- Just because a team member knows one thing does not excuse the rest of the team from learning for themselves and knowing it too.
- A team is composed of a group of individuals, but a group of individuals is not a team.
- Google used to be a search engine and return search results now it wants to be an answer engine and return you the answer.
- What do you call a Pinterest user? Pinner? Pinhead?
- Facebook IPO: it’s complicated.
- How hard is it to add filters to Flickr’s iPhone app?
- These @calottery lotto ticket should have a QR code so that I can quickly scan to see if I’m a winner.
- The Google of today is the sort of operation that Sergey and Larry originally set out to disrupt.
- Somewhere some evil genius is building a super computer out of a cluster of The New iPad.
- AT&T is in the phone business, so of course when you call customer support they will always have you call someone else who transfers you that gives you a different number that redials…
- P.S. GitHub sorry, I was bored. — Egor Homakov, the guy that hacked GitHub
- I have never seen someone try so hard for attention while looking so atrocious at the same time. -Anna Wintour on Nicki Minaj
- I would give my life for her but she also wants me to do the dishes. – Hellboy
- Are you killing time or is time killing you?
- Do The Simpsons pay royalties for basing their episodes on popular movies?
- Why do single people love cats?
- Why is it that sometimes when you don’t do a thing people notice, but when you do they don’t?
- Which would you prefer, an iPad with a keyboard or a net book?
- If you could only attain one thing which would you choose, money, happiness, or longevity?
- Fear is free but it will cost you opportunities.
- Ideas are cheap, but originality will cost you.
- Hot sauce makes everything better.
- The odds of you being a loser are better than you winning the lottery.
- There are people I follow on Twitter that I would never follow in real life, who I would rather push of a cliff in real life.
- Complainers are worse than haters.
- College is not for the uber successful.
- future obituary: died of chili cheese fries.
- “Really? Really?” Is the new “Oh My God”
- The term “gateway drug” doesn’t make sense, if you are already doing a drug, you are already past the gateway for drugs.
- Power drinks are the new gateway drugs.
- Power drinks are making me fat and jittery.
- All advice is relative, especially advice from a relative.
- Life is a journey not a destination, death in the other hand seems like the destination.