Retweet June 2011
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- Know thy framework.
- I recently received two books, one on Scala and one Clojure. From reading the few chapters on each, I have to say I like Clojure best.
- How do you pronounce C++0x? Is the ++ silent?
- Coworker: Functional programming is the future. Me: Functional programming has been the future since the 80’s.
- Developers love to reinvent the wheel. Which means, writing their own editor, IDE, bug tracking, version control, wiki, web framework, blog
- Live each day to it’s potential.
- Today is a new and improved day. It only gets better.
- Every day has the potential to be your best day of your life, because today is the only day that matters.
- Love what you do is a key to success.
- If you are about to fail, do it with flair.
- People need to learn how to disrupt an entrenched business, product, or industry. There should be a class on disruption.
- Always walk into a meeting with pen and notepad.
- If you want to survive, you need to adapt.
- If plan A doesn’t work move on to plan B, and it that doesn’t work, move to plan… That is why we have 26 letters in the alphabet.
- The most critical aspect of making a mistake is usually not the mistake but how you respond to it.
- Ideas aspire to be more than just ideas.
- Practice what you preach and live what you teach.
- One easy way to think outside the box is to add an extra dimension.
- The fact that unicorns aren’t real doesn’t mean that people won’t buy unicorn bacon.
- You’ll know if Google+ is successful when a congressman’s penises are accidentally posted and shared on it.
- What is up with these Google+ invites? The seem to be worth their weight in BitCoins.
- By the way he writes, I think David @Pogue is Apple’s VP of Marketing.
- I like the Migration Assistant in OS X. You can migrate data and apps to a new Mac from another Mac, mac backup, or external drive.
- Did @airbnb use the same black hat techniques that picture collectors and questionable dating sites use on @craigslist?
- The Swiss should make a Swiss Army iPod case.
- Companies are using positive tweets about their products as endorsements in commercials. I wonder if those Twitter users got compensation.
- How many screws does it take to take out a hard drive from a Mac Book Pro? I lost count at 21 screws and two different screw drivers.
- I don’t even know what language I speak when I order at Starbucks. Iced chai grande Americano hella latte extra cafe con leche fo shizzle.
- Checking in is so 2009. – Dave Matthews #TWiST
- If it’s printed, it’s no longer news. – @jbminn
- You can make a buck with cat pictures – Steve Yegge
- The impossible might take a while. – Scott Heiferman, #TWIST
- Would you pay an extra $100 to buy an iPad made in the US?
- Do super models have role models?
- What is your innovation strategy?
- How smart is you network, team, or organization?
- How much is the whole of the USA worth?
- Since when is it a feature to have your product available in white?
- Is Instagram the new Polaroid?
- Will any software application last 100 years?
- Do you give a tip on pick up or only on delivery?
- And then Jobs said, “Let there be an app market.” – The Book of Jobs
- I don’t respond well to BS.
- Love is a by product of accepting yourself and others as they are.
- It’s always a good morning when you can sleep in.
- To sleep or not to sleep, that is the dream.
- Be you. Do you. Get yours.
- Love love and live for life.
- Love is transdimensional.
- Love don’t cost a thing if you file for chapter 11.
- Lifetime movies is like porn for women.
- Any place that claims to be the happiest place on earth is really covering something deep.
- I wish my closet functioned like the TARDIS from Doctor Who, so my fashion could always current and I could have extra space.
- I’m a register member of the Ninja party but I have some Pirate party leanings.
- The most read book is Facebook.
- If only we could solve all of the world’s problems with a dance battle.
- Heading out to a beerbeque.
- Empathy is my religion.
- Everyday should be like Friday.
- Hollywood can follow up a successful movie with a sequel, a prequel or an alternative timeline-quel.
- Twitter is where quotes go to get misquoted and then retweeted.