Retweet April 2011
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- You don’t need a PHD in PHP to be a great Web Developer.
- Not Another Expression Language. There should be one expression language to rule them all.
- I am not afraid of rolling up my sleeves and debugger.
- It’s a thin line between feature and bug.
- Code is a blunt instrument.
- We ain’t afraid of no code block.
- Web designers are modern day alchemists.
- If developers are a dime a dozen, then product idea people are a silver dollar a dozen.
- I don’t read romance novels or non-fiction before going to bed, I read programming language technical specifications.
- New Name For Rock Band: Death By SQL Injection
- Let there be code.
- Just code it.
- Code the future.
- Crack the code.
- Don’t be a code donkey.
- Are you a value creator, subtractor, divider, or multiplier?
- AWS failure is the perfect storm to the cloud.
- Stress is excess, we don’t need it in our lives.
- You can’t buy the scrappy mentality.
- Scale your thought process.
- The right time is right now.
- Strive to do what you do well better.
- People don’t scale and multi-task as well as computers do.
- Give a man a thought, and he will think for a day. Teach a man to think, and he will think for himself.
- You don’t want someone to reinvent the wheel, you need someone that makes it turn!
- Everyone has great ideas, what is needed is great execution of great ideas.
- Is Automattic, the company behind WordPress, working on an ad network? With millions of WP blogs out there, maybe it should.
- Jiffy Lube peeps are great at up selling you on add-on services.
- Forget HAL 3000, I’m afraid of my iPhone 3000. “I’m sorry Dave, but I’m afraid you can’t do that and I’ve notified the authorities.
- Google announcing that better ads are coming to GMail is like the power company announcing that a better billing system is coming.
- I feel like I get more snail mail spam than email spam. I wonder if GMail can also filter out my snail mail spam.
- If you add up all the zero-day holes in Adobe products, you get a lot of days spent patching and upgrading buggy software.
- Welcome to the Blubble 2.0.
- The trouble with the blubble.
- I think we are in a #bubble when a website for listing free crap is valued at multiple millions of dollars.
- Don’t pivot while you pitch.
- How do you monetize the bubble?
- Ah, Silicon Valley, the land of vanity startups, founders with ADD, fan boi VCs, me-to products, one trick apps, companies on pivot mode…
- Bubbles are like snow flakes, there are no two alike, so we can conclude that this tech bubble I’d different from previous ones.
- If Arthur Miller were alive today he would have written a sequel to Death of a Salesman called Death of a Social Media Marketing Ninja.
- You know your service or product is successful if GOOG wants to buy you for a billion dollars, FB copies you, and if MSFT doesn’t get it.
- Any lawmaker who proposes any bill related to technology should be able to correctly setup a wifi router, Facebook privacy settings, …
- My iPhone knows too much about me. I think I want a dumb phone, instead of a scheming evil genius phone that is tracking my every move.
- If TinyUrl was a utilities company it would force upgrade everybody to use smart grid meter and charge us extra to use green friendly links.
- Twitter management seem to play musical chairs with titles. It seems like everyone at the company has had a turn at being CEO.
- There are different degrees of open in open platforms, from marketing buzzword open to data portability open.
- What I learned by reading Rework by 37signals: Emulate drug dealing celebrity chefs and up sale the by-products of what you do.