Retweet May 2012
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- Software is the new alchemy.
- When fixing a bug, the coding of the solution is the easiest part, but not necessarily the most import.
- TLDs I would like to see: .app, .js, .rb, .py, .twt, .lol, .anon, .beer, .bit, .woot
- If you would see this code I’ve working with you would think it had dyslexia.
- Just Do It: Refactor it. Abstract it. Centralize it. Generalize it.
- Software development is a team sport for people that were most likely not good at sports.
- Working Code > Perfect Code
- Never assume, always test.
- Trust no cloud.
- Don’t be eval().
- Seek out silver bullets instead of reaching out to golden hammers.
- Quality is something you engineer for.
- The first thing you create should be quality itself.
- When you have no QA, everyone does QA.
- When you feel like there are no options, there are still options.
- Inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes.
- Simple ideas can go a long way.
- There is often no quick solutions to deep problems.
- If you are going to dream, might as well dream big.
- I eat top priorities for breakfast.
- When you get new top priorities that displace the top priorities you received hours prior and didn’t get to because of previous priorities.
- Sometimes you have to up your game, other times you have to up your competition. If you don’t lose much you might be in the minor leagues.
- I remember that about two years ago I tweeted that RIM should have been renamed RIP. I got a lot of flack then, I don’t thin I will now.
- What does it mean when 7 out or the top 10 free apps from the Play marketplace are from Google?
- Posted in my iPhone: iPhone is a blood gadget. #rareearth #minerals
- I would like Apple to make a dual touch screen phone… Where on screen slides out to give you double the screen real estate.
- The way I described the recent partial eclipse.. Like the world had a giant Instagram filter on.
- Transformers, GI Joe, Snurfs, and now Battleship… What other 80′s toy/cartoon will be renamed as a movie? Hungry Hungry Hippos?
- VMware is hilarious, they sent me email for a Mother’s Day sale on VMware Fusion. Yes, that’s exactly what my mom wants for Mother’s Day!
- The Angry Birds franchise has been so successful that I’ve thought about creating a mobile game, how about Mildly Irritated Donkeys?
- Everyone should be Photoshop literate.
- I can’t wait until American Idol relaunches with a more appropriate name, Auto-tune Idol.
- I don’t do anything against the ToS but I’m so paranoid about Google disabling my account, I have a separate accounts for each service I use
- NASA has found a space lake that has “140 trillion times all the water in the world’s oceans.” Imagine, deep space/ocean fishing.
- Water is a key ingredient of life, imagine the space tuna that can be found in this space lake, trillions of times larger than our oceans.
- You are not a battery of negative energy, don’t store, hold, or consume bad energy.
- If I am going to have an imaginary friend I am going to sleep with it.. Imaginary friend with benefits.
- Truth is simple, peoples reasoning for the truth is what is complicated.
- When I’m constipated, instead of taking a laxative I eat McDonald’s food.
- We have the technology to make everything dead simple.
- Warning in allergy medication: Do not use if you have an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients.
- As a futurist I am disappointed with what the future has become.
- You got to find yourself by doing something rather waiting for something.
- By definition, anything that is viral is a fad.
- Too much of nothing is never enough.
- Zuckerborg may go down in history as having scammed everyone he met… She scammed his classmates, co-founder, users, and now investors…
- In Zuck we don’t trust.
- Zuck really fooled everyone, the Winklevii, Saverin, users, competitors, wall street bankers, institutional investors, …
- Classic FB/Zuck… Days after the IPO there are already lawsuits regarding impropriety, irregular, and illegal activities.
- Facebook wants to make organ donation social. I Like your new liver.
- When Zuckerborg dies, he wants to be buried with a hoodie.
- Will Zuck have a second act? Facebook wont last 5 years on likes alone.
- I’ve never paid for sex or likes. #facebook #IPO
- I’m unfriending Facebook.