Retweet February 2012
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe.
- Kids lunch snacks sound like Java interfaces, Uncrustables and Lunchables.
- 99% of software is hardcoded defaults.
- Software will shape the future.
- I don’t count lines of code.
- Code less, debug even less.
- Sometimes life does not compute. #dividebyzeroerror
- Success is a dish best served with champagne.
- Don’t let circumstance beyond your control control you.
- Just because it’s widely accepted that Steve Jobs was difficult to work with and a genius doesnt mean you have to be difficult to work with.
- Negativity is like cholesterol, to much of it can kill you.
- Most important lesson in my life: Learn to appreciate what you have and do not agonize about what you don’t.
- Corporate titles mean nothing, that is why I put Chief Creative Business Developer Principal Program Scientist on my business card.
- The biggest lesson one can learn is to listen.
- The universe doesn’t hate you, it doesn’t even know you exist.
- Try harder. Do better. Go further. Think Bigger.
- Forget stopping to smell the flowers, I stop to reach for the stars.
- I’m going to start a search engine for ego searches and call it egoogle.
- Google is a giant keyword router in the cloud.
- Android uses food related codenames for its different versions, such as ice cream sandwhich. I hear next release will be named leftovers.
- Why is Gingerbread still the most popular/common version of Android In new phones? It’s like two releases behind latest version.
- I think it is safe to say that G+ is a successful flop. I would compare it more to MySpace than Facebook.
- Missing Feature: I wouldn’t be surprised if the Kindle reader would allow you to tweet a quote right from an eBook.
- If Apple would design single family homes it would cost over $1 million and only be 800 sq/ft but I would want one really bad.
- iPhone or iMole: whatever data or contact or image you have on your iPhone some hacker, service, API, law enforcement, or app will access.
- In today’s day and age, no person should be executed for tweeting and no person should have to go to jail for downloading a song.
- Blue Ivy Carter sounds more like a brand name of vodka or energy drink put out by Jay-Z than the name of his kid.
- Who needs $3 million to run a WordPress-powered tech blog? At these valuations my blog is definitely worth $10 million.
- Silicon Valley entrepreneurs are modern day alchemists turning virtual goods into real cold hard cash, IPOs into billions.
- A frothy market is a tasty market.
- The future is in crowd financing.
- It’s raining stock options in Silicon Valley. #makeitrain
- All the people of Palo Alto rejoice at news of Facebook IPO, in a few months their rents will go up 30%.
- To much Facebook IPO analysis on my feed. If you aren’t a preferred investor you ain’t making money.
- 1. _________. 2. $#%#%$*(&. 3. ?????? 4. Profit.
- Can software refactor the world?
- How can people wave their constitutional rights be agreeing to a terms of service they didn’t read or understand?
- Breyer’s or Dreyer’s?
- Who will be the Bill Gates and Steve Jobs of 3D printing?
- Forget “where’s the beef,” where’s the 100 Mbps broadband?
- Who is Waldo?
- If corporations are people does it mean a man can marry a corporation?
- Principles > Politics
- Generous > Gorgeous
- Cheddar > Chatter
- Worrier < Warrior
- Sex On Fire > Heart On Fire