Retweet February 2010
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe and I’ll be sure to follow back.
- Androids dream of electric sheep and I of bytecodes.
- A large number of performance issues can be tracked to overuse of for loop, sequential search.
- I hate it when a fatal critical defect gets assigned to me after 5:30PM. I think QA does this on purpose, some sort of revenge.
- Carpenters’ rule: measure twice, cut once. Programmers’ rule: design twice, code once, refactor as many times as necessary.
- You can’t do real-time software engineering where you fix bugs as they are discovered.
- Compilation cycle costs productivity.
- It is unbelievable the amount of work, time, and meetings are dedicated to features that are useless in the field and limit usage.
- SEO Secret Sauce: Always be writing good content.
- I consider an interview good where the interviewee talks more than the interviewer, and where the answers are more profound than the questions.
- To be a leader be easy to follow.
- Inspiration has no expiration.
- The recipe to success is that when you are missing one ingredient in that recipe, you don’t quit. Improvise and make the dish your own.
- Waiting until the last possible moment is not a plan.
- Strategy, execution, luck. Pick any two.
- Profits, Passion, Purpose. Pick any two.
- Imagination is a renewable resource.
- New Motto: Heads Down, Focus Up!
- Doing a thing does not preclude you know what you are doing.
- When things get tough, get smarter then tougher.
- The worst thing you can be on a team is being inconsistent.
- Right understanding, with right effort, on the right direction, at the right time makes for the maximum results with the least effort.
- Build up your immunity to failure, just like you build up your immunity to the cold flu.
- If you can find joy in a dilapidated studio you will find joy in a palace.
- If you are still trying you haven’t failed yet.
- The only response to fear is no fear.
- If you love what you are doing, you are successful.
- If you believe you can’t, most likely you won’t. If you believe you can, you might.
- Is Google working on a GPad based on Android?
- Google, if you are not evil why you have to make that your motto? Who are you trying to convince?
- A more appropriate name for Chipotle Mexican Grill is Burrito Factory, since is not Mexican or a Grill or have chipotle salsa.
- Will the iPad make a better kindle reader than the Kindle?
- The iPad will be the Gitmo of gadgets.
- Why is Tumblr so slow? Is Tumblr the Goecities of our generation?
- The should have American Idol for bad comedy and acting… Oh they already have it, it’s called Saturday Night Live.
- It used to be that people stop and smell the flowers, now if at all, people stop, take a picture, and post it on Facebook.
- Was the crotch bomber a false flag?
- Is the US a mute-cultural smorgasbord or a assimilating melting pot?
- Is life an individual sport or a team sport?
- Why would a fully charged cell phone that was turned off for a week have it’s battery drained?
- What does SEO stand for? Spam Engine Optimization?
- If love is supposed to be patient why do people rush into love?
- Is life a journey, adventure, game or scoreboard?
- Are you a samurai or rice farmer?
- Is God from outer space or from inner space?
- What is the secret sauce to your success?
- which is your favorite bear: yogi bear or pooh bear?
- If everyone cheats is it still cheating?
- If everyone cheats are you cheating yourself if you don’t?
- Does God have Buddha nature?
- How much Buddha nature does the Buddha have?
- Which is more satisfying, physical joy or spiritual joy?
- Is there duct tape for the heart or super glue for the soul?
- Do you think dogs suffer from autism?