Retweet October 2009
From time to time I just blast tweets about software development, project planning, team dynamics, or whatever else comes to mind. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants. If you want to follow the conversation follow me at techknow and/or juixe and I’ll be sure to follow back.
- I can haz codebyte!
- Hacks are in the eye of the debugger.
- Is there a werewolf in your software, then why do you need a silver bullet?
- I know HACK is a four letter word but it is not a bad four letter word.
- It is okay to paint by numbers but its something different to code by numbers. I code by polynomials.
- If it doesn’t matter either way, why not choose the option that is easier to implement, cleaner to design, and friendlier to use.
- Content is the killer app.
- They say those who can’t do, teach. Well, those that can’t create content, aggregate.
- The sooner you adapt, the wider your lead.
- Don’t nickel-and-dime old business assumptions.
- When leading the way, be sure to get out of the way. As a leader you don’t want to be a roadblock or bottle neck to the troops.
- A manager should do two things: give precise tasks and expect precise results.
- Don’t confuse opinion for advice, don’t confuse advice for a plan.
- Even a detailed schedule can’t predict the future.
- Sometimes schedules are another way we lie to ourselves.
- Time does not run on a schedule.
- A good skill is to identify the skillset of your team, a better skill is to improve those skills while leveraging them to the fullest.
- Little baby steps add up to giant leaps for mankind.
- In Windows, when you overwrite a file instead of replacing it without a trace, the OS should put a copy in the recycle bin first.
- You can learn a lot about someone by taking a look at their FarmVille farm.
- Is Twitter lists just another metric for users to have a pissing match on Twitter? If comparing followers wasn’t enough…
- Why is it that installing ImageMagick is a longer and more painful process than upgrading OSX?
- In certain task I am worth my weight in gold, in others I am worth my weight in lead, but I do my best to avoid tasks were I cost my weight.
- Many people will ask for out of the box ideas, but they don’t want ideas too far away from the box, more like ideas hovering around the box.
- It’s okay to have your cake and eat it to, as long as you bake the cake yourself…
- Be a double agent of change.
- On man’s problem, is another man’s opportunity.
- Authenticity has no substitute.
- Not failing fast enough is the biggest failure.
- Failure is when you don’t learn from it.
- You have to kill it to win it.
- Fail frequently, fast, and furious
- If I played baseball I would be the GM.
- What is the opposite of a trophy wife?
- Do you have a failure resume?
- Is Facebook to big to fail?
- How many tweets does it take to get a trend?
- There are wrinkle free pants, when will we see tangle free headphones?
- Which is best Happily Ever After or Happily Ever Now?
- What does it mean to ‘trust the chicken?’
- Do you have to sell out to get buy in?
- If you are not passionate, who do you expect your team to be passionate?
- Good ideas are simple. – @jason
- Money is the shortcut. – @garyvee
- Great entrepreneurs don’t have better ideas, they have better process. – Eric Ries
- Pay attention to pixels. – Bump Technologies Job Listing