Software Development Tweets
As of late I have been more active on Twitter and often I just blast tweets about software development. Here is a synopsis of recent tweets and rants on programming and development.
- Saying that a bug or a problem will be fixed in the a future release does not fix the it.
- I have heard that some teams follow the Software Development Life Cycle. But I have seen teams follow the Software Development Death March.
- It doesn’t matter how smart you are, or how smart I think I am. Regression testing will prove us both wrong.
- Technology books such as those from O’Reilly or Apress need a ‘best used before’ born on date freshness seal. The information in tech books is perishable.
- When people are too busy to learn, they are not being productive.
- I am refactoring a 5K LOC class that is a melting pot of half baked design patterns.
- This class is an exhibitionist, it doesn’t believe in hiding it’s private parts.
- I go cuckoo for cocoa touch.
- Obviously, you can’t connect to the server is you are not running the server!
- If programming platforms where like political platforms, .NET would be republican, Java would be democrats, and python would be green party.
- You can only stand in front of a client only if you know what you say you know.
- Detained in Guantanamo Bay or in an Apple Tech Talk, either way I can’t talk about it.
- The first rule of iPhone SDK is – you DON’T talk about iPhone SDK.
- In Objective-C, a class is an object… Wow.
- That is the mind bending aspect of it, an ObjC class is an object and yet there is +class methods… again, wow.