The Rubyist: July Edition
Here is a recap of the top Ruby-related links for the month of July 2008. Links for The Rubyist are provided by A Rubyist Railstastic Adventure, a tumblelog.
News and Opinion
- The Top Ten Ruby and Rails Happenings in ‘08
- Very Huge List of UpComing Ruby/Rails Books in 2008
- Can Rails Affect Your Business’ Bottom Line?
- Is Twitter Responsible For Rail's Image?
- What is the next killer app for Ruby?
- Ruby’s Vulnerability Handling Debacle
- Dude, That Is So Fringe
- Don't Forget About RubyForge
- Backslapping Ruby’s average performance once again
- Automate Your Rails Deployment
- A close look at three Rails 2.1 bugs
- Ruby's Open Classes – Or: How Not To Patch Like A Monkey
- Rails Inside
- Rails – Simple Asynchronous Processing
- How to improve the Ruby on Rails experience for next Ubuntu release?
- The results of our Ruby development survey
- A Rails 2.1 case study: upgrading the Insoshi social networking platform
- 4 Essential & 7 Optional Ruby on Rails Tutorials
- 4 Simple Steps to Detect & Fix Slow Rails Requests
- It's an HTTParty and Everyone Is Invited!
- Simple Ruby On Rails Full Text Search Using Xapian
- Ruby/Rails interview questions
- Rails for PHP Developers
- Easily grab inbound search terms in Rails using search_sniffer
- Take your Rails application offline with the Gears on Rails project
- Packaging Rails apps for offline use
- Use Google’s SMTP server and Gmail to send emails with Ruby
- 6 Optimization Tips for Ruby MRI
- Sneak Peek: Unhygienic Rewriting Ruby by Example
iPhone and Mobile
- Developing iPhone applications using Ruby on Rails and Eclipse, part I
- Developing iPhone applications using Ruby on Rails and Eclipse, Part II
- Mobilize Your Rails Application with Mobile Fu
- Unit Testing iPhone apps with Ruby: rbiphonetest
- Rolling a JRuby desktop application
- Cheri: Swing Builder for JRuby
- Monkeybars: Swing MVC framework for JRuby
- New and Noteworthy in JRuby 1.1.3